Brewing with only grain instead of incorporating malt extract is how most professional brewers make beer. This is the purest form of beermaking and the method by which you can greatly influence the outcome of the beer.
If you want to experiment with All Grain Home Brewing but don't want to spend a fortune on some basic equipment, check out the list below to see what you need to start with. The equipment listed is for a very basic 'Brew In A Bag (BIAB) no chill system, but will work just fine. Don't forget, you will probably have some or all of the items already in and around your kitchen!
The Crafty Brewer can supply the grain, hops & yeast!
Click on the links below for suggested places to purchase the equipment you might need, but feel free to shop around.
The Crafty Brewer is happy to give you all the advise you may need to start off but it is recommended you do some reading before starting All Grain Brewing!
• Sanitiser - Stellasan no rinse sanitiser
• Standard Kitchen Cook Top or Gas Ring
• Large Stock Pot - preferably 30L + for a 23L brew, but you decide on your size of first brew! We often do experimental brews in a 20L stock pot
• Digital Kitchen scales - preferably one that measures to the gram
• Digital Thermometer - to measure your mash and wort temp
• Brew Bag - holds your grist (grains) in the bag during the mash and stops them entering the finished product
• 20L food grade liquid storage container - This is for decanting the hot wort for cooling before fermenting - no chill method
Copyright © 2021 The Crafty Brewer - All Rights Reserved.
ABN 63 884 860 816
We will not be trading on 7th May, if you would like a pickup order, please message us.